In a historical period of great change, amplified by the COVID-19 pandemic, democracy is a value that we cannot take for granted within both mental health services and society in general.
Many questions come to mind: what direction is democracy moving towards? What are the values that provide meaning to life within society and local therapeutic communities?
Today more than ever, in a global context where institutions appear rigid and often old fashioned; putting democracy at risk, therapeutic community culture and values, together with democratic participative practices can represent an opportunity, not only for therapeutic communities, the mental health and psychosocial services but also for global and local communities. Today more than ever, we would like to re-launch the importance of terms such as democracy, dialogue, group, participation, responsibility and conflict management.
These reflections, through a group dialogue between voices from different territories, shall drive the event on the 22nd March 2022.
The Meeting will begin on Tuesday 22 March 2022 at 15.00 Italian time (2 p.m. English time), will last 3 hours and will be structured as follows:
- 15.00 – 15.15 Introductory session conducted by the INDTC International Collective
- 15.15 – 16.15 Small discussion groups
- 16.15 – 16.30 Break
- 16.30 – 17.30 Large group meeting: feedback from small discussion groups and open dialogue – chaired by Angela Volpe and Joao Pereira
- 17.30 – 17.45 Final plenary session: refelctive session chaired by small discussion groups’ representatives
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Participation is free. To connect, simply download the Zoom Meeting platform (free) on your PC or smartphone.
The event will begin on Tuesday 22 March at 3 pm, Italian time
Use the button to access the platform:
* Optionally use this meeting ID 312 158 1543